At the Guild meeting on April 21, members voted and approved of by-law changes which included:
- Guild membership is expanded to include residents or taxpayers of Barnstable County
- A “quorum” at Guild meetings will be 20 in place of 30
- Members will be permitted to vote at Guild meetings by “proxy”
- A full report of by-law changes is included in Chris Banks’ April 25 email which contains the minutes of the April 21 meeting.
- Executive Board Meeting: Monday, May 14, 9:30 a.m. at the Harwich Chamber of Commerce Board Room, 1 School House Rd., Harwich Port.
- Gallery Meeting: Saturday, May 19, 12:30 p.m at the Harwich Community Center, 100 Oak St., Harwich.
- Guild Meeting: Saturday, May 19, 2018, 2:00 p.m. at the Harwich Community Center, 100 Oak St., Harwich. Presentation by Angela Zoni Mault, Executive Director of Creative Arts Center in Chatham. This will be a critique of member paintings, bring a painting with you for a review. This annual event is always so informative for all of us!
Open Painting Thursdays from 1:00 to 4:00 p.m. at the Harwich Community Center, 100 Oak St., Harwich.
The Art Gallery
Open Hours for May
- May 5 – May 13, Saturdays 10:00 a.m. to 5:00 p.m. and Sundays, noon to 4:00 p.m.
- May 18 – May 28, Fridays and Saturdays, 10:00 a.m. to 5:00 p.m., and Sundays, noon to 4:00 p.m.
May 5 Meet the Artist, Doris Mee –Collage Demo 2:00 p.m. to 4:00 p.m. part of the ArtWeek schedule of events happening statewide. She will encourage attendees to also try her collage techniques.
Members Exhibit at Local Banks
During the month of May, Pat Sarantis will be exhibiting at the Harwich Port Cape Cod Five, Mary Rose Renolds at the East Harwich Cape Cod Five, and Kathleen Magnusson at The Cooperative Bank of Cape Cod in East Harwich.
Member Art Related News
On April 27th Guild members Elaine Felos Ostrander and Martha Little Fuentes did a live painting demonstration at the Wequassett Resort and Golf Club for the 17th Annual Toast of Harwich. The paintings the artists created will be finished in their studios but put out for silent auction during the evening.
On April 28, Guild members Carroll Sivco and Elaine Felos Ostrander, members of the Cape Cod Ukulele Club performed in the new Harwich Cultural Center as part of their open house for ArtWeek.
Barbara Hageman is now exhibiting at 820 Main Gallery located on Route 28 in Harwich Port. She will be at the gallery on Saturdays all day. Other Guild members exhibiting at 820 Gallery are Bill Maloney, Vivien Oswell, and Dona Spillane.
Doris Mee was awarded 1st place in Mixed Media at Cape Cod Art Center’s member show April 19. She was also awarded 2nd place at the Yarmouth Art Guild exhibit at Cape Cod Cultural Center on April 20.
Robin Litwin will be doing two Encaustic painting demos in May: The first as part of ArtWeek events at the Harwich Cultural Center, 204 Sisson Rd., Harwich on Thursday May 3rd from 12:00 – 2:00 p.m., free admission. The second at The Creative Arts Center, 154 Crowell Rd., Chatham on Wednesday May 23rd from 10:30 -12:30 p.m., please bring a donation for the Family Pantry of Cape Cod.
Dona Spillane reports that there is a “Friends of the Harwich Cultural Center” group forming at the Harwich Cultural Center, 204 Sisson Road, the former Harwich Middle School. They are hoping and asking members of the community to join the “Friends” group. (note: that includes us as Guild of Harwich Artists members!) You may have heard that the Harwich Board of Selectmen unanimously agreed to extend the agreement to repurpose the building to a 5-year project.