CBI Winter Art Series Exhibition: March 20, 2021
Call For Submissions: Requirements and Schedule
The Guild has been invited back to the Chatham Bars Inn (CBI) to exhibit at their Winter Art Series of work by local artist organizations. These widely publicized shows attract CBI overnight guests and the public. Many local gallery owners attend the CBI art shows looking for promising artists for their gallery. Last year the Guild’s art show was well-received, and three paintings were sold. This year’s juried show will allow Guild members to submit recent work, and if selected, to be prominently displayed in the CBI Lobby from 1-5 pm on Saturday, March 20, 2021. Works submitted in accordance with the requirements below will be juried by Domonic Boreffi of the Gallery Antonia. https://www.galleryantonia.com.
Chatham Bars Inn Venue
The CBI Lobby location for our art exhibition provides artists a highly visible venue across from the Registration Desk and just outside Stars Restaurant, a Cape Cod premier dining destination. Two other art organizations will also be displaying art in the hotel on this date. Due to coronavirus restrictions, this year’s event will not entail a public reception, however, members are free to stop by to peruse the offerings of our selected artists. The hotel will be recording information for contact tracing.
The allocated lobby space, though ideal in terms of exposure, limits the Guild’s exhibition to up to seventeen paintings, eleven table easels, and six floor easels.
- Members must have paid 2021 dues to submit artworks.
- No more than four (4) submissions by each artist. Artist names will be withheld from jurists.
- Submission to include separate digital image (.jpg) of each painting, artist name, title, medium, image size, and price.
- Email Karen Shortsleeve no later than midnight Saturday, February 6. No exceptions.
- Artwork older than three years or already exhibited at last year’s CBI show will not be accepted. Prints, reproductions, or photography will not be accepted.
- Artwork requires quality framing with hardware suitable for hanging.
- Artwork must be suitable for floor easels or table easels provided by the Guild.
- Up to six (6) floor easels max. frame size = 30” W x 30” H.
- Up to eleven (11) table easels max. frame size = 21” W” x 26” H.
- Artwork must be available for purchase. Guild representatives will be onsite to transact sales done with personal check or cash. Potential buyers can use price list information to contact artists to arrange for alternative payment methods.
- A 15% commission will be paid by artists for artwork sold during, or as a direct result of, the CBI March 20 art show. Commission split is 10% CBI and 5% Guild.
- There is no initial submission fee to apply for acceptance to the CBI show. However, artists accepted into the show will be required to remit a hanging fee of $20 mailed to The Guild of Harwich Artists, P.O. Box 382, Harwich Port, MA 02646.
- Accepted work must be delivered with a label on the back with artist name, picture title, image size, and price (excluding .0625% state sales tax).
- Handouts containing selected paintings images, title, medium, size, and price along with and artist’s contact information will be available during the show.
Updates to the following deadline schedule due to revision of coronavirus restrictions will be announced to all submitters who are juried into the show.
|Jan 18||Call for submissions sent to each Guild member via email.|
|Feb 6||Artist image submissions due by midnight via email to Karen Shortsleeve. No Extensions.|
|Feb 13||Received images sent to jurist Dominic Boreffi of the Gallery Antonia.|
|Feb 27||Announcement of selected works to be emailed to all submitters and promoted widely.|
|11:30 am-12 pm: Artists drop-off selected work at CBI entrance. Guild representatives will be on-hand to pick-up artwork curbside. If you cannot drop-off your work, assign another member to assist.|
|1-5 pm: The art exhibition is open to the public. Visitors should call ahead to sign-up for time slots at the CBI Concierge Desk at (508) 945-6871. Katie Hayes, CBI Recreation Department, will also take your contact information at the hotel entrance.|
|5-5:15 pm: Artists pick-up artwork. If you cannot pick-up your work, assign another member to assist. CBI or the Guild will not be responsible for artwork not picked by 5:30 pm.|
We look forward to receiving your submissions. Good luck to all.